District


The Valleys


Santi works with an agricultural team to select the best rows of each Valpolicella valley, assessing soil, altitude, aspecting and training features, so it can create wines with a unique style, each valley expressing the magnificence of this district.

The Fumane Valley



Here 60% of vineyards are located in the foothills and the remaining 40% in the hills at an average altitude of 200 metres.Here too the soils are made up of stratified limestone rocks.The Fumane Valley makes typically soft, cellarable, full-bodied wines with slight residual sugar and floral notes.

The Negrar Valley



In this valley, the flat area beginning about 90 metres above sea level is characterized by clay-silty soils.The hilly area borders the valley with two ridges, one to the east and one to the west.A valley that offers elegant, savoury wines, of great structure, with good ageing potential.

Valpantena



This valley takes its name from the eponymous stream and is known for its extensive biodiversity.In this area, viticulture is concentrated in the foothills and in small, moderately sloping side valleys ideal for growing vines.In Valpantena the climate shows significant day–night temperature differences.All these characteristics generate those spice and mineral notes that make these grapes so different from those of the other valleys of Valpolicella.

The Marano Valley



The lower part of the valley with the hamlet of Valgatara is one of the most developed winegrowing areas. In the hill area the vineyards are exposed to the south west and to the south east, depending on the slopes, with volcanic basalt soils known as “toari”.In the Marano Valley most vineyards are located at an altitude of 300–400 metres which means good day–night temperature differences in autumn, but producing elegant, very aromatic wines with hints of cherry and prune, and good acidity.

The Illasi Valley



This is one of the largest Lessini valleys, as well as the longest.A stream cuts through it, creating an eastern and a western side.In this area the Lessini form a plateau slightly sloping southwards, with an average gradient of 2–4%, and frequent terraces.Soils in Val d’Illasi are prevalently carbonatic.The wines are intense in colour with good structure and a certain softness, traits accompanied by strong, persistent spice, strawberry and berry fruit notes.